Recipe: Creamy Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
Two of our very favourite things are Creamy Earl Grey tea and shortbread—and it turns out that together they are a match made in cookie heaven!
These melt-in-your-mouth and flavourful shortbread cookies are a delicious addition to your Christmas baking. You can use cookie cutters to cut them into whatever fun shapes you want. And of course, they pair perfectly with a cup of hot tea!
Let us know how it goes! Or post a photo to our instagram and tag us @jolenesteahouse
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground Creamy Earl Grey tea
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated finely)
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C)
- Whisk flour, tea and salt together in bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, and orange zest electric mixer bowl and mix on medium speed until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Turn speed of the mixer to low, and slowly add in flour mixture until just combined.
- On lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll dough to 1/3" (0.8 cm) thickness. Cut with cookie cutter. Use spatula to move onto parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. (If you don't have a cookie cutter, you can roll into logs and freeze for one hour before slicing into cookies.)
- Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until edges are golden, 12-15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.